Wednesday, December 20, 2006

NEW AND IMPROVED

HappyMerryJoyeux Chrismahannukwanzawalisolstice!

Admittedly, I've been pretty much completely ignoring my blog. I have felt bad. I'm trying hard not to cop out and say "I've been really busy". But I have.

Since I last posted, I became single, moved to a new apartment, got laser vision correction, bought a new car, got a new part-time job, traveled to Colorado and back, went to my cousin Dave's college graduation and many other things that are escaping my tired brain. I couldn't even blog at work, because we've been training two brand-new employees in the last two months!

I've been doing a lot of knitting, of course! I'll be posting pictures after I give the gifts, since most of them are secrets.

I'll be going to my dad's house this weekend for a quiet christmas-eve-eve celebration, just the two of us, to maintain as much tradition as we can this year. Christmas Eve day we'll be heading up to Superior to celebrate, eat and drink beer. Christmas morning breakfast at my aunt and uncle's house and then back to dad's to recover.

Our big family "official" Christmas is happening over New Year's weekend, as it was just easier to get more people together at that time. I am volunteering to make pies, and if i can manage to call forth the help of my mother and grandmother, i might just pull off some fantastic pies. i'm going to practice before the big push. Shawn and some co-workers will benefit from the trials, if they're fit to leave the house.

In all seriousness, this has been a strange holiday season. Things continue to be just plain "weird". I have tried to take things as they come, letting myself feel sad or happy or whatever. This is the first holiday season since my mom died, and she was always the main planner and I've had to remind myself that I have to take some initiative.

While I have been relatively quiet in my emails, phone calls and especially blogging, I am thinking of my dear family and friends and hoping you all are having some wonderful, serene moments in this crazy time. I'm hoping the weather prediction for the next few days really does come true, because I would like a white christmas.

I wish you all peace, love, friendship and comfort at this marvellous time of the year!

No comments: